🔕 🔔

uses for leaf lard

Got a hold of some high quality leaf lard to use in a few pies for Thanksgiving. Now I have a lot left over, and I want to do something with it. I know I could make biscuits or Mexican wedding cookies but I'm in the mood for something else.

asked by linzarella almost 5 years ago

A9f88177 5a41 4b63 8669 9e72eb277c1a  waffle3

Authentic Mexican cuisine *requires* lard -- maybe Frijoles de la Olla, Frijoles Refritos, Flour Tortillas y Carnitas?

Leaf lard has a much more pleasing aroma and flavor than the manteca style typically used in Mexican cooking. It can easily be substituted for the latter.

2f4926e2 248b 4c22 a6f7 8f2d888b8488  3 bizcard

I had 10 lbs of it and froze it, taking out as I needed it for pie crusts. It freezes well and doesn't spoil but it does have so many uses besides pie dough.

oh lucky you.