food52hotline I want to turn the buchon bakery lemon poppy seed muffin recipe into a bundt cake. How/ what shld I change, if anything?

Monita December 14, 2012

I don't the recipe but if it's for a 12 cup muffin tin, then you should be able to use the same amount of batter in a bundt pan. The baking time will be longer (could be twice as long or more)in a bundt pan so you need to keep watching it

Sadassa_Ulna
Sadassa_Ulna December 14, 2012

Can you post the amount of flour(s) and liquid?
I have a feeling you will want to lower temperature to 350 (if it is higher than that in your recipe) and bake for 45 minutes.

Dianna Cohen
Dianna Cohen December 17, 2012

Hi! Here are the flours and liquids: recipe is grams but approx 1 3/4c cake flour , 1/2 tsp baking p, 7oz butter , 1/4c lemon juice, 1c sugar, zest, salt, vanilla

Sadassa_Ulna
Sadassa_Ulna December 17, 2012

Please keep in mind I have not made this recipe before - I am making recommendations based on the measurements given by Dianna Cohen (same person?). Assuming you are using a typical 12-cup Bundt tube pan, I would:
DOUBLE the above recipe, butter the pan well and lightly flour it (those Bundt crevices can be tricky)and bake at 350 degrees F about 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan 15 minutes. Place cooling rack upside down over pan; turn rack and pan over. Remove pan. Cool completely, about 45 minutes.
Also, I have never used cake flour for muffins; I always use unbleached all-purpose flour. Cake flour can result in a "crumblier" texture which might not be desirable when cutting through the tall cake. Instead of 3-1/2 cups cake flour (the doubled quantity) you might consider using 3-1/4 cups sifted unbleached AP flour instead.
I hope this helps, best of luck!