How do I adjust cooking times here?

I have a recipe for a banana bread I am making..but I want to make the bread...into muffins.
The original recipe calls for baking the bread in a 9x5 pan for 1 hour to 1hr and 15 min at 325.
How do I adjust the cooking time for a standard muffin size please (my muffin tin can bake 12 muffins at a time)

asked by skittle over 7 years ago

I'd guess they'll take about 25 to 30 minutes at about 350º to 375º. Keep an eye on them with the oven light, and once they rise and start to get golden test them for doneness.

skittle

Why do I adjust the time please?

skittle

I meant...temperature! My bad.

Good question - I typically bake muffins at 350º to 375º so that's what I went with! I think it'll give you a better crust than baking them at 325º plus get them done a bit quicker. I assume with the bread they bake it a bit lower to make sure the middle gets done before the edges get overdone. The increased surface to volume ratio of the muffins will reduce that issue. If I was pressed, I'd go with 350º for banana muffins.

vvvanessa

i'll second hardlikearmour. i would up the temperature because you need the muffins to rise a little more quickly since you're cooking them for less time. 350ºF is pretty standard. also, i would rotate the pan at 15 minutes and do the first check for doneness somewhere between 20 and 25 minutes.

skittle

I really appreciate all the responses! Thanks for all your help.