Besides the butter, can you discern anything else that you may have changed: are you cutting the cookies thicker? is your oven maintaining a consistent temp? You could try chilling the sliced cookies before baking them to see if that helps

fhp
fhp

Ill give that a shot. Ive been pretty careful about keeping these little babies chilled. Do you think I should 'Blend" by hand when incorporating the dry ingredients with the wet ones? I think it might have something to do with the butter. The first time it was an Irish butter and it seemed fattier. I think I will also buy some new baking powder although mine shouldn't be that old. Im also going to try rolling the "log" to a larger diameter.

I don't think the butter should make a difference. Most people will use a regular butter, not an Irish butter, so that should affect the outcome and I don't think creaming by hand should change anything. Making sure your ingredients are all fresh is a good step.

Sadassa_Ulna

Are you using "better" butter, maybe European or more expensive "premium" butter this time? Water content can range and "better" butter typically has less water and more butterfat. That could make a difference.
Oops just read your second comment, yes I do think it's the Irish butter. Also I think keeping them chilled will prevent spreading and therefore getting thinner. Maybe try a few that you slice and let sit at room temp for 8-10 minutes; bake those and see if they get to the thinness you like.

The $1.89 Lunch Our Editor-in-Chief Swears By

Chickpeas to the Rescue

Curried Chickpea Sandwich

You can count the ingredients on one hand.

Simplest Homemade Doughnuts

Meatballs lend comfort on one family's journey from Mexico.

My Family Recipe: Mexican Meatballs

What's New in the Neighborhood

From weeknight favorites to regional classics.

12 Essential Italian Cookbooks