🔕 🔔

What temp and how long would you roast boneless chicken breasts? I am not a fan of poaching. This is for a chicken pot pie.

asked by Madame Sel over 3 years ago
E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

This is my favorite pot pie recipe: http://food52.com/recipes... She cuts the chicken breast into small dice and sautes it. I've also used this recipe for leftover chicken, so you could roast the breasts at 300-325 until just cooked through--around 160 degrees (~20 minutes? depends on the size). Remember that you'll be cooking the chicken again, so don't let it get too dry.

A9f88177 5a41 4b63 8669 9e72eb277c1a  waffle3

If I were to start a pot pie with BS chicken breasts, I would add the meat, raw, to the rest of the filling ingredients. Although I'm usually a big fan of roasting to develop complex flavors, without the skin and bones I don't think it would be worth the effort considering the risk of drying out the chicken in the process. The chicken will cook before the sauce thickens and the crusts browns. (But of course always check with a digital thermometer to be safe.) Alternatively, you could brown the breasts in a skillet in butter which would add some flavor (just be careful to just brown, not cook the meat through).

I usually roast b/s chicken breasts by lightly coating it with a little oil, sprinkle on some salt and pepper. Then roast at 400F for 10-12 minutes. Take out of the oven, cover and let it rest for 10 minutes.

I absolutely agree with roasting the chicken breasts at a high temperature for a short amount of time @ 400 for 10 minutes, let the chicken sit for 8-10 before slicing ( the chicken will finish cooking while it's sitting do not cut into it right away). If you want the chicken even juicier than I would highly recommend brining the the chicken breasts at least 6 hours prior, overnight is best.