Substitue for Palm Vinegar for Indian Chicken dish needed

Looking for an acceptable subsitute for palm vinegar for this recipe. Thank you. http://www.saveur.com/article...

asked almost 6 years ago

Sadassa_Ulna

I hope you find a more firsthand response, but this might help. I was curious and found this at chowhound: 'Supposedly, it has a bit of a citrusy taste and [...] recipe uses some lime zest to try to replicate the citrus (while using white wine vinegar.)

Ginni Kelley

For the Chicken Vindaloo recipe, if you replace the Palm Vinegar with some Apple Cider Vinegar, and then add about a quarter tsp of cane sugar, you should get a very similar effect. The Palm vinegar is generally a little sweet and citrussy, so this should balance it out. The vinegar would essentially evaporate in the vindaloo leaving behind the flavour you need.