🔕 🔔

Substitue for Palm Vinegar for Indian Chicken dish needed

Looking for an acceptable subsitute for palm vinegar for this recipe. Thank you. http://www.saveur.com/article...

asked about 4 years ago
C45c94a0 2e08 45bf a73c 4235d1b3c4bb  image

I hope you find a more firsthand response, but this might help. I was curious and found this at chowhound: 'Supposedly, it has a bit of a citrusy taste and [...] recipe uses some lime zest to try to replicate the citrus (while using white wine vinegar.)

06867ff8 a038 4bc7 9c9d f1965d12475c  dscf7014 800x739

For the Chicken Vindaloo recipe, if you replace the Palm Vinegar with some Apple Cider Vinegar, and then add about a quarter tsp of cane sugar, you should get a very similar effect. The Palm vinegar is generally a little sweet and citrussy, so this should balance it out. The vinegar would essentially evaporate in the vindaloo leaving behind the flavour you need.