🔕 🔔

Is there a difference between French green lentils-Puy- and French black lentils I thought were beluga? Does a discreet black French lentil exist? XO

Over at Serious Eats, Caroline posted a recipe for BBQ lentils which sound terrific for a work lunch or a stormy night (take care, East Coasters!). She calls for black French lentils. I think French lentils and I think Puy. Is there a black French lentil and can I find it at Whole Paycheck or do I just use Puy? Or beluga?

asked by marynn almost 5 years ago

I would just use the black French lentil . There
Is not a big difference between the two I use them interchangeably.