🔕 🔔

Can I sub French green lentils for black lentils or is it worth my time to try to find them?

asked by imc4ua almost 7 years ago

367d3166 a466 4b67 a123 677d02f016b1  ls

It depends on if you mean black beluga lentils—in which case I would say yes—or the larger brown lentils which are not a good substitute for Puy lentils (the French green ones).

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

I agree with gluttonforlife. Here's a great resource for food substitution (on the lentils page): http://www.foodsubs.com...

D1964e69 bde7 422d 9621 9d8c1f7bc3cf  newliztoqueicon 2

I adore the French green Du Puy lentils and use them in all my lentil recipes. They are available in bulk - read "cheap" - at Whole Foods.I will never go back to brown or black lentils....Well, never is a long time, I suppose!