Can I sub French green lentils for black lentils or is it worth my time to try to find them?

asked by imc4ua over 7 years ago

gluttonforlife

It depends on if you mean black beluga lentils—in which case I would say yes—or the larger brown lentils which are not a good substitute for Puy lentils (the French green ones).

I agree with gluttonforlife. Here's a great resource for food substitution (on the lentils page): http://www.foodsubs.com...

Lizthechef

I adore the French green Du Puy lentils and use them in all my lentil recipes. They are available in bulk - read "cheap" - at Whole Foods.I will never go back to brown or black lentils....Well, never is a long time, I suppose!