Mother's Day dessert ideas

Have a family friend coming over for Mother's Day. Problem is she is diabetic and cannot have dairy. Found some recipes but was hoping to get some tried out ones. Preferably a cake of some sort.

Thanks

sdebrango May 6, 2013

You could make this "fancy pavlova" but sub powdered stevia for sugar and fill with a whipped coconut cream, add berries and it would be a delicious dessert.
http://food52.com/recipes...

Voted the Best Reply!

Hilarybee
Hilarybee May 6, 2013

I was thinking that the "Herve this" chocolate mousse would be good. Made with boiling water & dark chocolate. You could serve it with strawberries or raspberries and whipped coconut cream. http://food52.com/blog...

sdebrango May 6, 2013

That would have been my other choice, it's delicious!

Cristina Sciarra
Cristina Sciarra May 6, 2013

I like serving coconut sorbet, topped with a tumble of fresh berries. I know it sounds simple--and it is, to put together--but, served in cocktail coupes, it can look quite fancy. (Garnish with mint leaves, if you like.)

You could also make mini frozen banana "popsicles": Cut a couple of bananas into two-inch tall coins. Dip half of each coin into melted dark chocolate, and then scatter each with crushed almonds. Insert a popsicle stick into the non-chocolate end of each coin, move them all to a baking sheet, and stick them in the freezer for a few hours, until you're ready to serve. (If you want to be adventurous, add a little cayenne pepper to the melted dark chocolate.)

HalfPint May 6, 2013

I would make a granita, sweetened with sucralose. A coffee granita topped with whipped coconut cream is heavenly.