🔕 🔔

Substitue for Semolina

I am making semolina quinoa cakes, http://www.foodandwine..., and thought I had semolina but do not. Do you think I can substitute corn meal or instant polenta?

asked by Lucia from Madison over 4 years ago

2f4926e2 248b 4c22 a6f7 8f2d888b8488  3 bizcard

Semolina is coarsely ground durham wheat flour, cornmeal would be similar in texture but would offer a different flavor, that said I think that in the quinoa cakes it would be tasty, if you happen to have cream of wheat cereal you could use that also. I looked at the recipe and since it's cooked, polenta or cornmeal would IMHO would be fine to sub.