Why is the number of recipe testers for contests so dismal? So many need testers...is this fair to the cooks?

asked by @dymnyno over 5 years ago

nutcakes

Maybe they need to run contents for incentive. They used to have all kinds of prizes here for answering hotline and that was really sweet.

I've tested a couple of times in the past, but I usually find the time frame constraining. For entering too, so I've never done it.

Maybe I'll get off my butt and test a recipe again, haven't even looked at the contests for a long time. Hope it is easy to find the testing request.

Just to clarify -- Community Picks Recipe Testing posts automatically display "Testers needed!" up to the point that 3 testers sign up to test a particular recipe. So it's not true that recipes are going untested -- the vast majority are actually tested by multiple members of the community.

And a reminder: site-related questions are best directed to [email protected] -- the Hotline is intended to help cooks with food and cooking questions. Thank you!

Hotline in the past was also a place to open a dialogue. I heard your Thank you! as please be quiet. My experience is that Community Picks Recipe Testing is difficult to engage with for a variety of reasons. Recommend you listen to the comments being made.

JadeTree

I would love to test more, too, but the turn-around time is too fast for me to know for certain I can make it and take good notes. If there were a more generous time frame I would certainly be in there!

Panfusine

It used to show up the number of testers that have volunteered for a particular recipe before right? when did that change. I've been out of the F52 radar for quite some time now.. Not sure why my enthusiasm's dropped so much!

So, 'testers still needed' means that 2 or 1 or 0 have volunteered to test, so it can still be picked.

I enjoy testing when I can but often I work weekends so it's kind of a squeeze. When I sign up I feel I owe due diligence to the cook whose work is on the line.