🔕 🔔

Why is the number of recipe testers for contests so dismal? So many need testers...is this fair to the cooks?

asked by @dymnyno over 4 years ago

Maybe they need to run contents for incentive. They used to have all kinds of prizes here for answering hotline and that was really sweet.

I've tested a couple of times in the past, but I usually find the time frame constraining. For entering too, so I've never done it.

Maybe I'll get off my butt and test a recipe again, haven't even looked at the contests for a long time. Hope it is easy to find the testing request.

39bc764f 7859 45d4 9e95 fc5774280613  headshot 2.0 crop

Just to clarify -- Community Picks Recipe Testing posts automatically display "Testers needed!" up to the point that 3 testers sign up to test a particular recipe. So it's not true that recipes are going untested -- the vast majority are actually tested by multiple members of the community.

And a reminder: site-related questions are best directed to editors@food52.com -- the Hotline is intended to help cooks with food and cooking questions. Thank you!

8a5161fb 3215 4036 ad80 9f60a53189da  buddhacat

Hotline in the past was also a place to open a dialogue. I heard your Thank you! as please be quiet. My experience is that Community Picks Recipe Testing is difficult to engage with for a variety of reasons. Recommend you listen to the comments being made.

906edcb9 c33e 4d08 a351 dbbfe46ee585  image

I would love to test more, too, but the turn-around time is too fast for me to know for certain I can make it and take good notes. If there were a more generous time frame I would certainly be in there!

67544da8 1862 4539 8ec8 2d9dfc2601bb  dsc 0122.nef 1

It used to show up the number of testers that have volunteered for a particular recipe before right? when did that change. I've been out of the F52 radar for quite some time now.. Not sure why my enthusiasm's dropped so much!

C0d1f1de 4134 43ba 9510 1d7a8caa31f3  scan0004

So, 'testers still needed' means that 2 or 1 or 0 have volunteered to test, so it can still be picked.

I enjoy testing when I can but often I work weekends so it's kind of a squeeze. When I sign up I feel I owe due diligence to the cook whose work is on the line.