Cookie with almond meal and no egg?

My friend is allergic to eggs and I'd like to make a cookie with almond meal. Got one?

asked by nutcakes almost 5 years ago

Mi Budare

Yes, I know of a great recipe from Martha Stewart. I made them first for a friend with gluten allergies, but they were so good I make them for me a couple of times a year. I have also used this recipe as a base for tarts. It is called hazelnut-vanilla shortbread. I have used almond meal with success in this recipe. The only thing about this recipe that seems not accurate is the cooking time. Mine are always done way before the recommended baking time. Also, don't preheat the oven on the first step. It is better to do this when you let the dough rest in the freezer. Hope this helps!

Mi Budare

The recipe should be available at the living magazine website.

lakshmi

Try the Almond Thumbprint cookies from this (Food 52) website. they are soooo easy and so very very good. I made a batch of them yesterday!

lizzyinthekitchen

You could always do a flax egg.

Kate

I second the almond thumb print cookie recipe! Here's the link: http://food52.com/recipes...