Probable brownie disaster

So I mixed up a batch of Joanne Chang's brownies from her baking book, poured them in the pan, and realized the sugar was still in the measuring cup....scraped the batter back into the bowl and beat it in--not too much to avoid over-activating the gluten in the flour. I'm baking it in my Breville oven in a rimmed sheet pan lined with foil to add height, instead of a 9 x 13. Will I end up with anything anyone can eat :( or with chocolate "rocks"?

• Posted by: creamtea
  • September 18, 2013

Voted the Best Reply!

ChefJune September 18, 2013

In my experience (more than 60 years of brownie baking) it is virtually impossible to havea "brownie disaster" as you call it. They are the absolutely most forgiving baked good on the planet. I'm betting yours will turn out just delicious, and not a crumb will be left. Please report back.

creamtea September 18, 2013

Thanks June, they did! Surprise! And even with baking soda instead of powder. I did everything wrong and still. Glad bec. I used high quality ingredients, would hate to have tossed them.