what can I do with leftover mashed potatoes, leeks and brocolli?

asked by @ShanilP over 7 years ago

healthierkitchen

If the leeks are uncooked, saute them in a soup pot and then add the broccoli. Add some stock and the mashed potatoes for a potato soup. Add some parmigianno at the end.

lastnightsdinner

Definitely used to make patties or croquettes, as Kayb suggests, or in a soup like healthierkitchen says. I have actually made a similar soup, a sort of broccoli and cheddar version where the potatoes are used as a thickener in place of cream.

healthierkitchen

I was figuring that ShanilP's mashed potatoes already have the cream and butter in them!

I'm going with Kayb on this one. That's the direction my own criminal mind was working... hit it with a bit of Tabasco to boost the bitterness of the broccoli. But all of those flavors should work together.

Sheperd's pie? http://www.epicurious.com...

jessm4

BUBBLE AND SQUEAK! best left over solution a bit like what kayb and pierino have said - throw a fried or poached egg on top and you have a hearty breaky- mmm and tabasco- good call- or if you haven't already tried it give charlula a try- it's a mexican hot sauce that is all flavour though no heat- a really clean flavour.