🔕 🔔

Can you freeze latkes (sweet potato) and reheat to crispy? Thinking about Thanksgiving/Hannukah this year - 20 people

asked by mskw about 4 years ago

Yes, definitely. Let me get you some details from my best pro.

Latkes freeze and reheat very well. This is assuming 2- to 3-inch or bigger latkes, already deep-fried until crispy. Not tiny appetizer-size.

Remove latkes from freezer, let thaw for at least 45 minutes. Place on baking sheet and re-heat at 350 or 375 for 20 to 30 minutes. Taste one to see if it's nice and hot.

After re-heating, pat dry with paper towels before placing on serving dish or platter.

thank you so much - that was my instinctive thought, thanks foe verifying!

You're welcome! My friend is making some for Thanksgiving/Hannukah. Can't wait to have them.