Baked eggs

Cab I make baked eggs without adding dairy for someone who's allergic? Would subbing in some olive pil work?

asked by ATG117 almost 5 years ago

lydia.sugarman

Why don't you try it and let us know your results?

In lots of Mediterranean countries, including Israel and Italy, eggs are baked in tomato sauce, with lots of spices, and olive oil - sometimes feta or other cheese is stirred in, but not always. Really tasty.

ATG117

Thanks for the suggestion. Happen not to want to go the shakahuka route...

EmFraiche

I followed Amanda's recipe but omitted the cream since I didn't have any. They turned out delicious with just salt and olive oil.

PazzoNico

Have you considered just olive oil poaching? Essentially the same as water poaching...

Valentina Solfrini

I second the olive oil suggestion - I never used cream myself. But what about coconut milk? If you like it, it makes for a great cream substitute, especially if you are planning to add spices or curry into your eggs!