🔕 🔔

Frosting questions

I'm making a cake for a co-worker's wife's birthday. My plan is to make everything tonight and frost it in the morning. Since I will bring it to him in the morning and he will not get it to her until that evening, should we leave it out a room temp or store it in the fridge? I am using this frosting recipe, if it matters: http://www.foodandwine...
Thanks for your advice!

asked by Gina55164 almost 4 years ago

Since the frosting has dairy product ingredients (especially egg), I would refrigerate it. Your friend can leave it out a few hours before having a piece, if she prefers her cake at room temp.