🔕 🔔

There is at least one such recipe on this site, but this one, with chocolate chips, instantly became a family favorite here. It's from the back of Trader Joe's old fashioned oats.
I've considerably edited it, so I doubt there are any copyright issues:
¼ cup butter, room temperature
¾ cup sugar
¾ cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 ¼ teaspoon baking soda
1 cup (254 grams) peanut butter
3 cups (240 grams) rolled oats
½ cup sunflower seeds or chopped walnuts
6 ounces chocolate chips

Heat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl, combine sugar, brown sugar and butter; beat until creamy.
Add eggs, vanilla and baking soda; mix well.
Add peanut butter and beat to combine.
Stir in remaining ingredients.
Place spoonfuls of dough on lightly greased cookie sheets 2” apart.
Bake 10-12 minutes until lightly browned around the edges.
Remove from the oven, let cool for about 2 minutes on the cookie sheet, and then place on a wire rack until completely cool.

Adapted from a recipe on the bag of Trader Joe’s rolled oats: “Gluten Free Oatmeal Cookie Recipe”

926ee962 060e 44e6 a1d9 878262f34bf8  image

http://joythebaker.com... She has some fun and unique recipes.

6cb49ef7 38b5 4eb6 aae4 04078f60ca73  how to make a custard part 1
Shuna Lydon

Shuna is a pastry chef in New York City and author of the acclaimed blog Eggbeater.

I strongly suggest adding sea salt or kosher salt to this recipe. Add salt to taste or start with 3/4 teaspoon.
I would also suggest a different order for mixing:
cream butter & sugars, add salt & vanilla extract, cream in peanut butter. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
In another bowl add all your dries and stir to make an evenly distributed mixture.
Add all dries to sugary-butter mixture JUST until combined.
IF you plan on baking the cookies any number of days after you make the batter, add an extra egg to the batter - oats are notioriously thirsty and make for a drier cookie, but a more tender oat, once mixed.
If you plan on adding sunflower seeds or walnuts or peanuts, please toast them in a low oven first (300F for at least 10 minutes), because a raw nut in a baked good is a terrible thing.

E37bac74 bb5c 44f2 a71c 5cc13d32e23c  stringio

Thank you all! I made the cookies and have been enjoying them over the past few days. I did use sunflower seeds, but need to mention that not only is a raw nut in a baked good a terrible thing, but so is an old nut. Next time, I won't be using sunflower seeds past their prime. Also, I'll definitely add the extra egg next time and let the batter sit. I only used 2 eggs, and baked the cookies immediately after mixing. While still yummy, they are a bit too dry. Again, thank you!!!