Whole Wheat and Wheat Germ Recipe for Cookie Bar Base?Rec. Blogs/Books?

wow, i have been looking through my Whole Grain cookbooks, Good to the Grain, and Whole Grains Everyday, and they have nothing like this. I found a web recipe w/ 1 c.wheat germ, 1 c. flour, 1 c. dk br sugar, 1 stick butter. i'd like to do 1/2 c. spelt flour and 1/2 c. white flour.
What do youall think? do you have a better recipe that includes rolled oats or brown rice krispies?

BTW, these 2 books are very disappointing for whole grain healthier baking. Are there better books and blogs you would recommend? I enjoy googling research but this challenge is taking tooo long! thx much for your help!

asked by LE BEC FIN over 4 years ago

healthierkitchen

What exactly would you like to make? A holiday style cookie bar or more of a granola bar?

LE BEC FIN

i'm working on lessening the sugar in a butterfinger bar recipe, and i'd like for the base to be like the recipe i described, or better.

healthierkitchen

don't know if this article is at all helpful: http://www.nytimes.com....

My daughter likes baking recipes from the blog Post Punk Kitchen, which is vegan, but might be helpful.

LE BEC FIN

hk, YOU are a very good person!! that article is great. i think i have to start making sure to catch the NYTimes' food section. Thx so much!

healthierkitchen

Glad it helped! I was also wondering if you've seen the blog 101 cookbooks? Maybe she has something like this too? Good luck!

healthierkitchen