I'm making a dessert and I want to flavor the whipping cream with peppermint schnapps. When should I add the schnapps - before I whip the cream, or after it's whipped (fold it in)?

asked by AmyEvans almost 8 years ago

stacey_ballis

I would whip the cream about half way, just as it begins to thicken but before you are at soft peaks, and then add flavorings like schanpps or vanilla.

RobertaJ

Get your whipped cream almost done, then add your liquid flavoring. I routinely do this with brandy and Kaluha. The cream should already be fairly thick when you add your liquid.

betteirene

Mmmmm. . .yum. I add granulated sugar at the beginning to give it a chance to dissolve, then whip it good until it holds a soft shape, and then turn the speed down to medium and add flavoring a teaspoon at a time until I like the taste.