A question about a recipe: Alice Medrich's Best Cocoa Brownies

I have a question about the recipe "Alice Medrich's Best Cocoa Brownies" from Genius Recipes. How much flour for this?

sexyLAMBCHOPx January 11, 2014

almost 2.5 oz.

MRubenzahl
MRubenzahl January 11, 2014

OK. You're saying the 1/2 cup is correct; the "almost 5 oz" is wrong. OK, thanks.

sexyLAMBCHOPx January 11, 2014

Hi, the recipe states, "... it should weigh nearly 2.5 ounces" not 5 ounces.

twinjadojo
twinjadojo January 11, 2014

Me eyes tell me 1/2c. all-purpose flour, unsifted, measured by fluffing your flour with a spoon, casually scooping it into your measuring cup and levelling off (a very reliable method of measuring any kind of flour, second only to the scale in my kitchen). It's listed towards the end of the ingredients list, which is not where you'd expect it to be. Happy baking!

twinjadojo
twinjadojo January 11, 2014

Oh dear . . . I was on my phone, and didn't see your qualifier. Sorry for the non-helpful answer. I second sexyLAMBCHOPx!

MRubenzahl
MRubenzahl January 11, 2014

Final comment: Somehow, I thought the recipe said nearly 5 ounces. Either I misread it (twice) or someone sneaked in and corrected it. (I pasted it into my recipe file and it also said 5, so I think someone corrected a typo.) Anyway, all answered now.