A question about a recipe: Alice Medrich's Best Cocoa Brownies

D0130c7d e57a 43e5 bc9c 59b1477becc1  best cocoa brownies genius desserts 213 1

I have a question about the recipe "Alice Medrich's Best Cocoa Brownies" from Genius Recipes. How much flour for this?

asked by MRubenzahl over 4 years ago

almost 2.5 oz.

MRubenzahl

OK. You're saying the 1/2 cup is correct; the "almost 5 oz" is wrong. OK, thanks.

Hi, the recipe states, "... it should weigh nearly 2.5 ounces" not 5 ounces.

twinjadojo

Me eyes tell me 1/2c. all-purpose flour, unsifted, measured by fluffing your flour with a spoon, casually scooping it into your measuring cup and levelling off (a very reliable method of measuring any kind of flour, second only to the scale in my kitchen). It's listed towards the end of the ingredients list, which is not where you'd expect it to be. Happy baking!

twinjadojo

Oh dear . . . I was on my phone, and didn't see your qualifier. Sorry for the non-helpful answer. I second sexyLAMBCHOPx!

MRubenzahl

Final comment: Somehow, I thought the recipe said nearly 5 ounces. Either I misread it (twice) or someone sneaked in and corrected it. (I pasted it into my recipe file and it also said 5, so I think someone corrected a typo.) Anyway, all answered now.