🔕 🔔

coconut oil in chocolate chip cookies

Wondering if anyone has tried coconut oil in place of butter for chocolate chip cookies, and were they any good?

asked by mrslarkin about 4 years ago

895f8b4e aba6 4d93 92f2 1117a886850e  france

I have! I replaced half the butter with coconut oil, and they were delicious -- one thing I found is that the cookies were a bit crispier and lighter, as opposed to chewier.

2ade44da 31ff 408a 8e2d 9d5e114aeca0  headshot 4

Yes! I have replaced the butter with coconut oil in Kim Boyce's whole wheat chocolate chip cookies and replaced the egg with ground flaxseed. They're my go-to vegan choc. chip cookie, soooo good: here's the link to my adapted recipe: http://bit.ly/NtJG99

22b9ddc9 fc61 48a3 949e dee341974288  liz and dad

Thanks you guys. I will give it a try!