French Roast

Hi,
I just bought a 4.3 lbs french roast and cant find a recipe...what do I do with it? Is it the kind of meat that is supposed to be rare in the middle or is it like a brisket roast (i.e. usually cooked through). I need to make it today and be able to heat it up for dinner tomorrow night. Suggestions please, please include cook time per pound!! Thanks so much!

asked by Sarah over 4 years ago

When you say French Roast do you mean Prime Rib with Frenched bones or a simple beef roast? If its the latter is it beef chuck, sirloin, etc. - that can be seared in a Dutch oven on the stove-top with aromatics, spices and vegetables and put inn the oven to braise.