🔕 🔔

barberries -- creative uses?

I have a large supply of barberries that I sometimes use for rice pilaf and/or meatballs, Persian style. They are very tart, but add a wonderful sourness to dishes that I love. Wondering if anyone else uses them or has ideas for further uses beyond their traditional applications in Persian and Armenian cuisine.

asked by ortolan over 3 years ago

Barberries are popular in Germany. They go nicely with game and in dishes with a sweet-sour flavor, such as red cabbage. Any chance that you read German? You can google Berberitzen Rezepte and you'll find lots of ideas.

Yes! I will google recipes in German, thanks for the tip!