A question about a recipe: Dan Leader's 4-Hour Baguette

3bae7f05 ba4c 4ede 8e1f d3f112a46e76  2014 0218 genius william alexander 4 hour baguette 745

I have a question about the recipe "Dan Leader's 4-Hour Baguette" from Genius Recipes. Can the dough be frozen if I don't want to cook all three at once? If so, at what stage can I freeze them?

asked by Sue Canavan over 4 years ago

My experience with bread is that yes, unbaked dough can be frozen. The time to do that is after the first rise. Punch the dough down, wrap well, place in double freezer bags and freeze. You could divide the punched down dough into loaves before freezing, too. Be sure to defrost completely (in the fridge) and then form the loaf(ves) and let it complete the second rise before baking.