🔕 🔔

for a catering exam, food from around the world, what Chinese dishes could I do?

asked by @Thomaaaaas over 6 years ago

B0f2c3df 9bf7 43fc 8544 eb75ba85a60e  kay at lake

How about dim sum? Sounds perfect for a catering exam...

79ca7fa3 11e3 4829 beae d200649eab49  walken the walk

General Tso's Chicken is ubiquitous in US Chinese restaurants (and an easy catering dish), although there is the historic aspect; this dish does not seem to exist in China just as Italian Gravy doesn't exist in Italy.
If you want to be daring, go Korean. Say, bulgogi or bipambap. Korean is the Asian cuisine of the near future.

73cd846c b69c 41fe 8f8b 7a3aa8dd3b93  desert

If this is for an exam, wouldn't asking food52 be cheating? Just wondering.

Spicy Peanut or Sesame Noodles . . . .they hold well at room temp and people adore them. Don't make them too, too spicy, though. And be sure to include some thin strands of cucumber. Used to eat them whenever I could (once a week, if I was very lucky) at 4, 5, 6 when I worked on Wall St. Can taste them now. Mmmmmm. ;o)