🔕 🔔

any good chow mein recipes out there?

I've got a bunch of chicken and a hankerin for some chinese food. Anyone have a good chow mein recipe? Or I could be convinced to go another chinese route if anyone has a good chinese chicken recipe.

asked by CanadaDan about 1 year ago
36971176 313b 42c7 9448 a8df47e33f34  18768203 10213075008810177 6953547034312047360 o

I am rather obsessed with Americanized Chinese food, here is my chop suey recipe, just add the crispy noodles for chow mein. https://lollipopsicle.net...

For me, chow mein is one of those no-recipe type of dishes. Sliver and marinate the chicken (i'm assuming that you have boneless skinless) in a little soy sauce for about 30 minutes. While the chicken marinates, chop up your vegetables and cook your noodles (& drain). Then heat a pan with 1-2 Tb of oil. Cook your vegetables until they are cooked but still crisp. Transfer to a bowl and set aside. Heat the pan with a little more oil and cook the chicken until done. Season the juices and liquid that are produced from cooking the chicken with a little more soy sauce and/or oyster sauce or hoisin sauce and thicken with some cornstarch dissolved in water. The thickening part is optional. Add the vegetables to the chicken and toss to mix. Toss in the noodles and cook until heated through. Taste and season with salt and pepper as needed.