I have a half a jar of pumpkin butter that I used to make frosting for pumpkin bread, mixed with cream cheese. Any ideas what I could do with the other half jar? Thanks

asked by aussiefoodie almost 8 years ago

I love pumpkin butter on toast or over oatmeal.

mix it with some yogurt for breakfast or a snack, stir into oatmeal, swirl into cheesecake batter or brownie batter

Mix it into flan for a pumpkin flan, or replace one of the bananas in a banana bread recipe with it maybe?

testkitchenette

Spread on toasted bread, put into cookies, quick bread, pancake/waffle batter.

aussiefoodie

Thanks for the ideas - I really liked the concept of putting it in quick bread. I mixed the pumpkin butter (1/2 cup) with 1/2 cup of steamed and mashed butternut squash and used it in place of the pumpkin puree in Mrs Larkin's Christmas Pumpkin Bread. I reduced the amount of sugar (as the butter had sugar in it), and needed to add an extra half cup of water, as my butternut squash was a little dry. Overall, it worked out delicious!