🔕 🔔

I have a half a jar of pumpkin butter that I used to make frosting for pumpkin bread, mixed with cream cheese. Any ideas what I could do with the other half jar? Thanks

asked by aussiefoodie over 7 years ago

E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

I love pumpkin butter on toast or over oatmeal.

3639eee1 5e0d 4861 b1ed 149bd0559f64  gator cake

mix it with some yogurt for breakfast or a snack, stir into oatmeal, swirl into cheesecake batter or brownie batter

E7b6597b db6e 4cae b9f3 699b508f4ed3  036

Mix it into flan for a pumpkin flan, or replace one of the bananas in a banana bread recipe with it maybe?

8c5e3e9f 1b4a 49bc b261 442225295683  stringio

Spread on toasted bread, put into cookies, quick bread, pancake/waffle batter.

7d6f1c7c 61b9 4b07 86e4 dbd4b1caeb8d  coopers

Thanks for the ideas - I really liked the concept of putting it in quick bread. I mixed the pumpkin butter (1/2 cup) with 1/2 cup of steamed and mashed butternut squash and used it in place of the pumpkin puree in Mrs Larkin's Christmas Pumpkin Bread. I reduced the amount of sugar (as the butter had sugar in it), and needed to add an extra half cup of water, as my butternut squash was a little dry. Overall, it worked out delicious!