which lard bread will keep better?

I have two loaves: one brick oven, so kind of crusty, brown, harder on top. The other is much paler, soft, almost spongey. I'm packing some to eat after a 12 hour journey. I suspect both have a lot of fat in them from the bacon and cheese, but I'll only be bringing about a half loaf, so will be cutting into them. Does the soft loaf have an edge? Or does the hard crust protect some of the innards (even thought the ends will be cut)?

asked by brooklynite about 4 years ago

S Wilson

Both should travel well, especially if packed airtight. Use clean wrappings to avoid contamination. The harder bread might have an edge, since your main enemy is mold. I just pinch off the mouldy parts.