🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Margaret Fox's Amazon Chocolate Cake

Ffcd4803 ce58 48bb 961c ec16ecaa9b0c  2013 1001 genius chocolate cake 450

I have a question about the recipe "Margaret Fox's Amazon Chocolate Cake" from Genius Recipes. I have made Margaret Fox's Amazon Cake a bunch of times. Is the batter very thick? I cannot remember, but I know this morning it was.

asked by SusanR over 3 years ago

Cfe06c3a 31ba 4cd7 a0b0 2d1e7eb98d8e  18930218514 6fcf35ff43 b

Lindsay-Jean is a Contributing Writer & Editor at Food52.

Hi Susan - if you check out the blog post for the recipe (here: http://food52.com/blog...) you'll see a couple photos of mixing and pouring the batter that you can use for comparison.

Interestingly mine was not pourable, but I actually made it three times yesterday, and each time in the end it was perfect. I just do not remember the being as thick as mine was. No harm, no foul if it came out great!

added about 2 months ago

Much thicker than most vegan cake batters in my experience .