🔕 🔔

Why do my pralines have white spots on them?

I am testing different praline recipes for wedding favors. The latest recipe has me cook cream, brown sugar, sugar, cream of tartar and salt to soft ball stage, add toasted pecans, cook 2 minutes, add butter, and beat till creamy and dull. The finished pralines have good flavor and texture, but they have light colored spots on the surface. Do any of you experienced candy makers have tips? This seems like a common method. Also, the weather today was damp in the morning but dry and clear this afternoon, if that answers any questions.

asked by minibakersupreme over 3 years ago

8a2c197a eaf6 414d 8be8 e1212df9ad42  nasturtiums

Also, after you cook 2 additional minutes, you remove the mixture from the heat before adding the butter.