My son's coming home from college for the holiday's and he's a vegetarian. The recent thread on peppers got me thinking. Anyone have a good filling for poblano's that would be vegetarian friendly? Thanks...

asked by javal almost 8 years ago

POTATO

Sky is really the limit when it comes to stuffing a poblano. How about onion, garlic, tomato, quinoa, cheese (cotija, monterey jack), corn and squash. Then dredge & fry as usual.

latoscana

Rice and beans, too.

You could go Indian as well - rice and curry and tomatoes, maybe even some coconut. And of course a tofu crumble is always good - saute it with onion and garlic, some brewer's yeast, you could add some peas and dices carrot, and then of course cheese makes everything better!