🔕 🔔

Any suggestions for using green peppers, an abundance of which I get from my CSA. I am not a fan of them raw or stuffed with rice. Vegetarian.

asked by Ellen Greene Bush about 7 years ago

Pizza with mushrooms, onions, and sun-dried tomatoes.

9bb939c5 44d1 40dd b0a4 7cad9cb4186e  parislunch

Sweet Pepper Salsa
variously with onions, spices, herbs, fruit, other sweet peppers.

Fe759e32 f945 40b6 acea 9486c52f49b0  moi

I'm not much of a fan of green peppers either, but they are good in picalilli--a relish usually made with green tomatoes, onions, etc.--you can process it in a boiling water bath or keep it in the fridge for a long time.

E3d32aba d83e 402e 9ecc d3e3836e1d99  unknown

I love stuffing them with ground meat and rice seasoned with madras curry and then baking them in tomato sauce.

E7b6597b db6e 4cae b9f3 699b508f4ed3  036

Anything cajun / creole starts with the trinity of peppers, celery and onion. Make gumbo? Etouffe? Jambalaya?

A8f3c254 178f 46b6 af15 b392ff777135  img 1348

I love to use them in thai curries, which couldn't be simpler to make!

1ae90758 c859 48a3 8111 c08385524a8d  watermelon frozen yogurt day 037a

two thoughts.....

^ they are good in a stir fry with other veggies from your CSA box.
^ they can be chopped and dehydrated for use in the winter (soups, stews, sauces, etc)

Roast them - under a broiler or on the grill - and then use them in pasta salad or in sandwiches.

Roasted and peeled and chopped, incorporated into an omelet (unless you are vegan, as opposed to just vegetarian).

8bbce907 3b5e 4c8c be5c c64e6c780d63  birthday 2012
luvcookbooks

Meg is a trusted home cook.

Sofrito, couldn't be easier. Whirl in a blender, chopped green pepper, chopped onion, and cilantro with a few tbsp water. It will smell really good and you can use it when making rice and beans or when making asopao de pollo or or or .... freezes beautifully.

Thanks for all the great suggestions. I had accumulated several bags of them! Dehydrated some. I made the Food52 red pepper and smoked paprika confit and substituted the green peppers. Turned out great. With what I have left, I am making sofrito to freeze.