🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Birthday Lasagna

63e3f20c 494a 4a3c 9451 7b0fe9f35d6b  food52 01 29 13 0083

I have a question about the recipe "Birthday Lasagna" from Merrill Stubbs. I see salt and nutmeg listed as ingredients under the Lasagna section, but I don't see anywhere they are mentioned in the instructions, other than a little salt in the ground beef. Is this a mistake? Thank you!

asked by Rachel O. over 3 years ago

The salt and nutmeg are for the bechamel. Add it in on step 5, after adding the milk.

Cbfb27ea 071f 4941 9183 30dce4007b50  merrill

I'm so sorry about the omission, and I can't believe you're the first person to point this out! The salt (a pinch or two) and nutmeg should both be stirred into the bechamel as soon as it's finished cooking.