Recommendations for electric tea kettles

Need a new electric tea kettle, for tea and boiling water for pasta and other cooking. Don't need a designer version. Any recommendations for reliable models much appreciated.

asked about 4 years ago

cookbookchick

We like our Breville, use it every day. Ours has the buttons for various temps, but there is a less expensive model with no buttons. I've noticed they use that one in the Top Chef TV kitchen. Williams Sonoma, Bed Bath & Beyond, and Amazon all have them at the same price. BB&B has those 20% off coupons that come endlessly in tha mail.

cookbookchick

*the

I have a Hamilton Beach - cheap, works great. I am on my second one because someone - ahem - put my first one on the flame on the stove - THAT STUNK! But it's a work horse, I use it pretty much every day.

Thanks all! I'm dying without mine, which finally keeled over after years.

I have a Hamilton Beach, also, that I got at Costo for less than $20. Still going strong after 3 years.