CROCK POT

I'M IN A NEW APT AND THE STOVE ISN'T WORKING YET. I HAVE AN ANCIENT 3.5 QT CROCK POT (MAYBE 1980'S) THAT I HAVEN'T USED BEFORE. THE INSTRUCTION BOOKLET IS LOST. I THINK THIS IS A SMALL SIZE AND THEREFORE I CAN'T FILL IT TOO FULL. HOW CAN I TELL FROM CROCK POT RECIPES WHAT SIZE CROCK POT IS REQUIRED FOR THEM? HOW FAR UP THE SIDE OF THE CROCK POT CAN I FILL TO?

asked by mcd2 almost 4 years ago

Most modern recipes specify what size you should use. They work best when filled 1/2-2/3 full. I often go 3/4 full with no problems.

In fact, don't tell the slow cooker police, but when I make stock in mine, I go to just below the rim.

mcd2

thanks, that's a big help.

Sue
Sue

To be sure that you get what size Crockpot should be used, your best bet for now is to head to http://www.crock-pot.com/. You can choose recipes based on Crockpot size.

Sue
Sue

In other words, you can filter recipes for a 3.5 qt pot.