🔕 🔔

Does anyone have a genius pumpkin pie recipe that doesn't use egg?

It's a friend's birthday next week, and we're making her favorite: pumpkin pie. Except she's allergic to eggs, which means it won't be as straightforward as I'm used to.

What are your favorite egg replacers or tricks to work around eggs in a pumpkin pie recipe? And yes, I'll be using canned pumpkin.

asked by Lauren Kelley almost 3 years ago

Cfe06c3a 31ba 4cd7 a0b0 2d1e7eb98d8e  18930218514 6fcf35ff43 b

Lindsay-Jean is a Contributing Writer & Editor at Food52.

How about this one? https://food52.com/recipes...

0db46cee 6cad 479e b5bd d0c0cff2aa2d  lk

Yes, that one caught my eye as I was looking before...I was hoping to avoid going entirely vegan, but I suppose I could work around that. It's only egg that needs avoiding for her allergy.

Thanks!

And, if anyone else has suggestions, let me know. Open to all ideas.

1e4d7b52 fd4f 4798 ae19 d0f715768358  ry 400

Never tried it, but here is an article with a good looking recipe from the Wash Times: http://communities.washingtontimes... and also Flo Fab has an eggless one in the NYT (but it has raisins...beware): http://cooking.nytimes...

Perfect -- thanks, Posie!

I've found that silken tofu (or soft, however it's labelled where you buy it) is a great egg-replacement. 2 oz (measured in a liquid measure cup) replace a large egg. So take a favorite recipe, buzz up the tofu in a processor or blender with other liquids and bake your pie.

67544da8 1862 4539 8ec8 2d9dfc2601bb  dsc 0122.nef 1

I know this is rather late, but made a pumpkin pie (with canned pumpkin) using condensed milk and greek yogurt using a gingersnap crust that turned out very well. Would be glad to share the recipe.

047de970 37bf 42ca b593 8f1fec39142d  1 img 0894

Wow! I love the idea of this -- would you be willing to add the recipe to Food52's collection? It sounds amazing!