🔕 🔔

A question about a recipe: Margaret Fox's Amazon Chocolate Cake

Ffcd4803 ce58 48bb 961c ec16ecaa9b0c  2013 1001 genius chocolate cake 450

I have a question about the recipe "Margaret Fox's Amazon Chocolate Cake" from Genius Recipes. Could I use cacao powder instead of cocoa?

asked by valerie about 3 years ago

As far as I inderstand, cacao powder and cocoa powder are the same thing. There appear to be some health claims for cacao powder, but they seem to be hype. The US FDA defines caco and cocoa as the same.

I'm sure you definitely could - cacao is just ordinary cocoa that is less processed.