Is it necessary to store fudge in the refrigerator?

asked by ATL almost 4 years ago

kimhw

How long are you storing it? A few days it is fine out. And longer refrigerate or freeze.

ATL
ATL

Only a few days. Thanks!

Not that I know of. I don't remember EVER putting it in the fridge.

and you don't need to store ketchup in the fridge, either. ;)

ATL
ATL

Sorry everyone. I don't want to be ridiculed so won't ask other questions.

ATL, I don't think anyone is ridiculing you. It's a perfectly legitimate question. Sam is making fun of himself because the thought of keeping fudge longer than it takes to gobble it just does not compute.

Chef June often capitalizes words in her answers and it's easy to take her other than she means to be taken. Heinz actually suggests keeping their ketchup in the fridge to "preserve the highest degree of freshness".

There is no right or wrong answer. Fudge tastes better at room temp. If your kitchen is on the cool side like mine, I would cover it and let it sit out. In the middle of summer when my kitchen is an oven, I would refrigerate it if I am keeping it 3 or more days. Longer than that, I would freeze it.