Is oatmeal healthy?

asked by /hotline/2824-is-oatmeal-healthy almost 8 years ago

betteirene

Yes, very. It has water-soluble fiber that is not only good for your digestive systemn it also helps Roto-Rooter your arteries. Like a lot of other food, it's better if you eat a version that's least processed, so steel-cut oats are a tad healthier than instant oatmeal, but any kind is better than none.

As with potaoes and bread, it's what we put on it that makes it not-so-heart-healthy.

Not if you happen to be a lamb. In which case your heart and lungs could be stuffed into your own stomach with oatmeal to make haggis. But it's a mean old world...

latoscana

Oatmeal lowers the bad cholesterol.

POTATO

Oatmeal does raise your insulin levels which is not ideal, so it's important to eat a non-instant type of oatmeal and to NEVER add sugar to it. The oatmeal should be very high in fiber to offset the increase in your insulin levels.