My husband has asked me to make an emergency purchase of a breadmaker for my SON to give me for mother's day. Which is the best one?

Breadmaker - which is the best bread machine - price is not an issue.

Anyone LOVE their bread machine?

Thanks - Jen

asked by jwaterm1 over 3 years ago

Many years ago, I had this brand. It was supposed to be the best, at the time. I gave it to a friend who recently told me he still uses it occasionally when he craves bread. It has to be 20 years old. I'd go read a bunch of reviews on Amazon. There are a lot of machines that receive more than 4 stars.http://www.amazon.com/Zojirushi-BB-CEC20-Supreme-2-Pound-Loaf-Breadmaker/dp/B002XVUAOU/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1431010251&sr=8-4&keywords=breadmaker

ktr
ktr

I had a Zojirushi for years and used it several times each week. I got rid of it when it needed a new pan but the motor in the machine itself worked great. (I had another cheaper bread maker that had been sitting in the closet and I figured I would use that until it died and then decide which to replace - I've now switched to making bread by hand mostly so I gave the zojirushi away rather than buy a new pan for it)

JanaVee

I think the SON is the best. The HUSBAND should have surreptitiously found out and purchased it for the son to give to you. ;)

shecans

We like our Breadman a lot. Loaves are weirdly tall, but I often do the dough and then finish the baking in the oven. But in a pinch do the whole thing in the bread machine, about to put one in now.

PieceofLayerCake is a trusted source on baking.

Ok...I don't mean to be "that guy", but I'm genuinely curious. What does a bread machine do that a sturdy/versatile stand mixer doesn't?

Apple's and oranges. You dump everything into the canister, program it and wake up to fresh baked bread. It's great for busy people and or people who need simplicity in the kitchen. Not everyone wants to become a baker, but everyone loves fresh baked bread.

It bakes it too?

Lol yes!! You can set it to mix, knead and bake so it's the first thing you smell when you wake up. They are a little fabulous.

Well color me ignorant! Thank you for the information!

bugbitten

The Zojirushi is probably the best one. Also try to pick up "Rustic European Breads from Your Bread Machine" by Eckhardt--many solid recipes that you bake either in the machine or in the oven.