How can I print a recipe without the preface to the recipe? The extra description causes 2 pages to be used instead of one.

A lot of extra paper and toner are used when the descriptions of the recipes are added to the print function. They are unneeded! We're trying to save a tree and reduce the use of resources.

asked by Rebecca almost 3 years ago

CHeeb

Rebecca, I choose my printer preview option and choose the pages that I only want to print. When a Food 52 recipe has been around for a while and there are lots of comments , this is very helpful.

As SMSF said, copy and paste is the best way. You choose EXACTLY what you want to print.

Moreover, recipes vary in length. You really need full control to force a recipe onto one page.

If you are just printing from a web browser, you do not have detailed page layout control, like margins and font size.

Cutting-and-pasting into a word processor program gives you the opportunity to rearrange the content. You can put the preface after the core recipe, thus retaining the author's comments while optimizing the recipe for single-page display.

Having a two-sided page doesn't kill any more trees, it just uses a little more electricity and printer toner.