🔕 🔔

Bakeries in St Louis, MO?

Need to order a cake for baby shower that will take place in 2 weeks. Organizers live out of town; mom-to-be and shower will be in STL. Mom-to-be reacts violently to weird chemical additives to food, so no endangering her or the baby. Any suggestions? Thank you!

asked by Garlic Fiend over 2 years ago

012d983c ea5a 4b9f a942 a8f5dfcef8d7  ljh6675 web

Lindsay-Jean is a Community Editor at Food52.

In the thread on St. Louis eateries from earlier this year (https://food52.com/hotline...) in which you added a number of suggestions, Monica P Murray (https://food52.com/users...) was the other commenter, might be worth sending her a direct message for input?

48361945 4c0d 4900 a4fb fead7055d98f  stringio

La Patisserie Chouquette on Tower Grove Avenue does lovely things. Google for a phone number.

I'd start with Missouri Bakery on the Hill or Lubeley's in Webster. I haven't been to St. Louis in a while, but Pratzel's and Carondelet Bakeries were always good. So was the much lamented Lake Forest, but that one is history.

Another of our favorite bakeries was Amighetti's, also on the Hill, but I can't find a website for it. I hope they haven't gone out of business.