Bakeries in St Louis, MO?

Need to order a cake for baby shower that will take place in 2 weeks. Organizers live out of town; mom-to-be and shower will be in STL. Mom-to-be reacts violently to weird chemical additives to food, so no endangering her or the baby. Any suggestions? Thank you!

asked by Garlic Fiend almost 3 years ago

former Community Editor

In the thread on St. Louis eateries from earlier this year (https://food52.com/hotline...) in which you added a number of suggestions, Monica P Murray (https://food52.com/users...) was the other commenter, might be worth sending her a direct message for input?

mickle

La Patisserie Chouquette on Tower Grove Avenue does lovely things. Google for a phone number.

I'd start with Missouri Bakery on the Hill or Lubeley's in Webster. I haven't been to St. Louis in a while, but Pratzel's and Carondelet Bakeries were always good. So was the much lamented Lake Forest, but that one is history.

Another of our favorite bakeries was Amighetti's, also on the Hill, but I can't find a website for it. I hope they haven't gone out of business.