Presale! 2 new cookbooks from Food52. Claim your signed copies »
🔕 🔔

sides for coquilles st. jacques?

I'm having a dinner party and planning to serve coquilles St. Jacques in individual casseroles. Will also make a green salad. Any ideas on what else to serve that will be complementary? Can be another side or even appetizer ideas. Thanks!

asked by lcast about 1 year ago
671b6c39 4898 435f 92c5 89cd9b925088  img 3788

A light, creamy vegetable soup would be a nice first course. The "genius celery soup" is delicious, not too heavy, and fits the French theme. Appetizer wise, how about gougeres?

1097a5b5 1775 4eec a8ea 7421137b65dc  image 2 apples claire sullivan 2

I think all you need to go along with it is a green salad and good baguette. For a first course, I think I'd veer to the non-creamy, assuming you're doing a classic coquille with cream and cheese - maybe a nice terrine/pate with cornichons, to stay in the French lane and put some of that bread to good use.

Join Our Email List!

Inbox Inspiration:

Our newsletter is brimming with recipes and features that have us talking—dive in!

A Joyful Home:

Sign up to get $10 off a first purchase of $50 or more in our shop full of tools & treasures.

Come On In:

Join our humming community and get dibs on events, peeks at new cookbooks, and a surprise or two.