🔕 🔔

I'm making Beef Bourguignon tonight for a dinner party. I'm planning to serve with bread and salad. Is that enough? We'll have a couple of appetizers and dessert (apple crumble) too.

asked by hayley almost 7 years ago

C45c94a0 2e08 45bf a73c 4235d1b3c4bb  image

Can I come over? Sounds great to me. You could do a cheese course before (or with) dessert if your apps aren't too cheesy.

E7b6597b db6e 4cae b9f3 699b508f4ed3  036

That sounds like plenty! And wine of course :-) I would put loads of veggies in the salad or maybe even do it "salad bar" style so that it becomes a more prominant part of the meal.

8e94e86b faa9 42ae 93f9 c243369e2b3f  cakecake

Sounds delicious - lucky party guests! I usually like to serve BB with some kind of starch (usually potatoes) to catch all the beefy goodness, but sopping it up with some nice bread sounds even better.

2b00435b fe24 44bb afe2 ad3364f28f79  1390710 10151917400148928 1193325941 n 1

Yeah that enough. The beef bourguignon is usually enough just for me. As others have stated wine would also be a plus!

549d9fb3 53ef 4170 b68e 8bae2e055be7  dsc 0048b

Sounds great! I second the cheese course idea.

I'll jump in on the side of a starch course, which could be rice, noodles or perhaps a potato gratin. You don't want that jus to go to waste.

B0f2c3df 9bf7 43fc 8544 eb75ba85a60e  kay at lake

Plain old buttered egg noodles work nicely, as do garlic mashed potatos. Last time I made it for a dinner party, I did green beans Provencal as well. But bouef bourguignon on its own with a salad and lots of good bread is hard to beat.

D22e715c 166f 4578 8ad4 1e169fc809ba  ry 400

There is this phenomenal sounding dish in Amanda's book Cooking for Mr. Latte that sounds perfect for a cheese course following this meal; I've been looking for an excuse to make it myself. It is Goat Cheese with Shallot-Cassis Marmalade. Do you have access to that book?

Spaetzle!