I'm making Beef Bourguignon tonight for a dinner party. I'm planning to serve with bread and salad. Is that enough? We'll have a couple of appetizers and dessert (apple crumble) too.

asked by hayley almost 8 years ago

Sadassa_Ulna

Can I come over? Sounds great to me. You could do a cheese course before (or with) dessert if your apps aren't too cheesy.

That sounds like plenty! And wine of course :-) I would put loads of veggies in the salad or maybe even do it "salad bar" style so that it becomes a more prominant part of the meal.

campagnes

Sounds delicious - lucky party guests! I usually like to serve BB with some kind of starch (usually potatoes) to catch all the beefy goodness, but sopping it up with some nice bread sounds even better.

Mr_Vittles

Yeah that enough. The beef bourguignon is usually enough just for me. As others have stated wine would also be a plus!

healthierkitchen

Sounds great! I second the cheese course idea.

I'll jump in on the side of a starch course, which could be rice, noodles or perhaps a potato gratin. You don't want that jus to go to waste.

Kayb

Plain old buttered egg noodles work nicely, as do garlic mashed potatos. Last time I made it for a dinner party, I did green beans Provencal as well. But bouef bourguignon on its own with a salad and lots of good bread is hard to beat.

melissav

There is this phenomenal sounding dish in Amanda's book Cooking for Mr. Latte that sounds perfect for a cheese course following this meal; I've been looking for an excuse to make it myself. It is Goat Cheese with Shallot-Cassis Marmalade. Do you have access to that book?

innoabrd

Spaetzle!