What to do with tough roast

Cooked a roast and now have leftovers. Can i put it back in crockpot to try and tenderize it a little

asked by Bela almost 3 years ago

beachcomber

Slice it up (thin) and put it in the crockpot with ALL the juices. Add thick onion and pepper slices shortly before serving (so they stay a little crispy) and serve on a big french roll. Add cheese right at the end if you want. Favorite use of leftover roast.

inpatskitchen
inpatskitchen

Pat is a trusted home cook.

If it's beef, I like to dice it and make roast beef hash with potatoes, onions and bell pepper.

Cooking a roast longer won't tenderize it unless it's an undercooked chuck roast or something similar. I like Pat's idea. You could also chop it up and use it in tacos.

scruz

finely dice and turn it into a nice chili or cottage pie.

I say grind it up in food processor and make a ravioli filling with some herbs, cheese, etc.