Leftover roast beef?

I cooked a huge roast expecting guests. Our youngest, 2 years old, started throwing up. So we canceled dinner.
Turns out his brother dared him to drink mouthwash. Boys...

So now I gave a huge roast. Ideas

• Posted by: kimhw
  • November 11, 2012

FutureChef
FutureChef November 12, 2012

Usual route of shepherds pie or pot pie route is always available or turn it into a really delicious,, hearty, wintery soup--if you love baking...perfect venue for bread bowls for serving. Can also do what Dan Barber would do and let the roast take a back seat and serve carrot 'cutlets' with roast beef stew. Finally, sandwiches of course! Focaccia and a vibrant dill and horseradish mayo would be delicious.

jsdunbar
jsdunbar November 12, 2012

Salad with strips or chunks of roast beef is good, too - if a little out of season. Not to mention serving it it cold, sliced, the way you would hot. Don't put hot gravy on it though. Keep that on the potatoes & veg.

Sam1148 November 12, 2012

Chop it fine. Put in a pan with a bit of oil and crisp it up. (if your using a fat layer)...otherwise just warm in the pan.
Add a BBQ sauce...Simple recipe would be Brown sugar, paprika, touch of cumin, liquid smoke (Stop looking at that way...it's good for quick).
Garlic powder in ketchup and/or tomato sauce.
Reduce and simmer and serve of soft buns with dill pickle slices and cole slaw on the side.

Okay...you could toss the BBQ sauce on chopped beast and broil in the oven to really crisp up and caramelize the chopped beef. Until it's crispy caramelized. And use some more reserved sauce.

You could also "I'm thinking Arbys" and slice thin with a mayo horseradish dressing on a hamburger bun.

Cookingforboys
Cookingforboys November 12, 2012

Dripped beef sandwiches! Slice it thin, simmer in beef broth with a little Worcester, pile on a ho top with a slice of provolone, and broil. Yum!

ChefOno
ChefOno November 12, 2012

With a side of crispy fries fried in beef tallow. Mmmmm…

sexyLAMBCHOPx November 12, 2012

Breakfast hash

inpatskitchen
inpatskitchen November 12, 2012

I agree with sexyLAMBCHOPx...Roast beef hash with potatoes, onions and lots of black pepper!

ChefOno
ChefOno November 12, 2012

*Gently* warm strips of roast, serve over rice with a drizzle of soy sauce and a side of steamed vegetables.

Prep a stroganoff and throw the meat in at the last minute.