What can I use a wooden chopping bowl for? Just salads ?

I'm trying to see if it is worth the cost. It comes with a mezzaluna

asked by Col about 2 years ago

You could use it for chopping.

yeah, chopping, mincing, mashing. You can probably use it like a mortar (with a pestle, not just with the mezzaluna).

SMSF
SMSF

SMSF is a trusted home cook.

If you like the way it looks (and if you have the space), the bowl can also be used to display various items - small citrus, nuts in the shell, things you might collect and want to look at.

My grandma made pretty much everything in her chopping bowl.... Chopped liver was the thing I remember best, but she used it like most people nowadays use a knife and chopping board - to chop onions, celery, etc. for her recipes. Imho, a chopping bowl is rather shallow to use for a salad bowl.

kate

they are great for finely chopping herbs or vegetables, nuts, etc. I got one as a gift and didn't expect to use it much, but I use it a lot, especially in the summer when I use a lot of fresh herbs. I often use it when I don't want to bother with cleaning the food processor.

Col
Col

Thanks all. I think I'll make the investment.