🔕 🔔

Need some advice, I just baked some tartlet bases. What's the best filling for them?

asked by platini over 6 years ago

E4b7660b f3f6 4873 bd6d 2130a16403fb  img 1088

You have 3 good suggestions right here! I also like chocolate mousse. Or banana!

The Lazy Mary's Lemon Tart looks a winner...

2fc558a8 bd7d 4d57 9ed4 e14a7fcea429  fb avatar

If you're feeling lazy, just use great jam, topped with a dollop of creme fraiche.

I like berries, which you can glaze with a cooked-down current jelly.

Custards and puddings of any flavor you wish....fruit compotes (even with frozen berries they would be wonderful), mousse of whatever flavor you wish, fresh fruit if you can find it in January and it's flavorful, with a bit of a simple sugar glaze (maybe with some spices to tart it up....a touch of cinnamon, star anise, nutmeg, depends on the fruit), lemon curd, MEYER LEMON CURD (yum), the possibilities are absolutely endless.

You could go savory and do little quiches in them....bacon, carmelized onion, cheese and egg custard.

Lightly sweetened goat cheese and (this time of year) apple fig relish. I posted a recipe last month called Chestnut Crackers with Savory Fig Relish, http://www.food52.com/recipes... which might be of interest. I also posted one for Sweet Holiday Fig Relish, http://www.food52.com/recipes... , which has a figgy pudding flavor profile. Or, I'd use some Meyer lemon marmalade. Yummm. ;o)

I made a couple of tartlet's and filled then with egg/cheese mix. It wasn't quiche and a few people thought it was too solid (i.e not quiche) but it was supposed to be a cheese tart.