Need some advice, I just baked some tartlet bases. What's the best filling for them?

asked by platini over 7 years ago

You have 3 good suggestions right here! I also like chocolate mousse. Or banana!

platini

The Lazy Mary's Lemon Tart looks a winner...

Savorykitchen

If you're feeling lazy, just use great jam, topped with a dollop of creme fraiche.

innoabrd

I like berries, which you can glaze with a cooked-down current jelly.

RobertaJ

Custards and puddings of any flavor you wish....fruit compotes (even with frozen berries they would be wonderful), mousse of whatever flavor you wish, fresh fruit if you can find it in January and it's flavorful, with a bit of a simple sugar glaze (maybe with some spices to tart it up....a touch of cinnamon, star anise, nutmeg, depends on the fruit), lemon curd, MEYER LEMON CURD (yum), the possibilities are absolutely endless.

You could go savory and do little quiches in them....bacon, carmelized onion, cheese and egg custard.

Lightly sweetened goat cheese and (this time of year) apple fig relish. I posted a recipe last month called Chestnut Crackers with Savory Fig Relish, http://www.food52.com/recipes... which might be of interest. I also posted one for Sweet Holiday Fig Relish, http://www.food52.com/recipes... , which has a figgy pudding flavor profile. Or, I'd use some Meyer lemon marmalade. Yummm. ;o)

platini

I made a couple of tartlet's and filled then with egg/cheese mix. It wasn't quiche and a few people thought it was too solid (i.e not quiche) but it was supposed to be a cheese tart.

These Impossibly Fudgy Chocolate Cakes Have One Big Secret

No butter, no oil -- just one magical ingredient.

Genius Chocolate Cake

Inspired by Chef Bryant Ng's creamy classic.

30-Minute Chickpea Curry

Let's settle this once and for all, shall we?

The Best Carbonara, According to an Italian Chef

What's New in the Neighborhood

Holiday recipes from The German-Jewish cookbook

Break the Yom Kippur Fast with Salad