🔕 🔔

about those lovely looking hand pies

I have a few questions: do they keep well after baking, or are they best day-of? Any adjustments if you freeze them before baking?
Thx for the filling variations, Erin.
(might be hosting a holiday potluck & am hopeful about these--good to have options, & pie!! ) ; )

asked by KR almost 2 years ago

ktr

I have not made the recipe you're asking about but I have made pasties and frozen them. I bake them prior to freezing.

0fecd8f8 6ef1 4649 9f57 83bf4668f3d0  3572
Erin McDowell

Baking consultant at large at Food52, and author of The Fearless Baker (Fall 2017)

Hi there! They are really best the same day as baking, but can be refreshed the day after for a 3 minutes in a 375 degree oven!

Erin McDowell

Also, they are great to bake straight from frozen (my preferred method), you may just need to add 2-3 minutes to the baking time!