🔕 🔔

about those lovely looking hand pies

I have a few questions: do they keep well after baking, or are they best day-of? Any adjustments if you freeze them before baking?
Thx for the filling variations, Erin.
(might be hosting a holiday potluck & am hopeful about these--good to have options, & pie!! ) ; )

asked by KR over 1 year ago

ktr

I have not made the recipe you're asking about but I have made pasties and frozen them. I bake them prior to freezing.

0fecd8f8 6ef1 4649 9f57 83bf4668f3d0  3572
Erin McDowell

Erin is a baking aficionado, writer, stylist, and Test Kitchen Manager at Food52. She is currently writing a cookbook.

Hi there! They are really best the same day as baking, but can be refreshed the day after for a 3 minutes in a 375 degree oven!

Erin McDowell

Also, they are great to bake straight from frozen (my preferred method), you may just need to add 2-3 minutes to the baking time!